Questions to ask prospective interior architects:
- What is your fee structure?
- What does the cost include?
- Do you have professional liability insurance?
- Can you handle my special requests (ADA, LEED etc.)?
- What types of renderings (3D, video, illustrative) will you produce?
- What is your experience with similar projects?
- When do you expect to start and be finished with the project?
- What do your services include? (It's best that the services are until construction is completed.)
- What happens when the cost exceeds the budget?
- Can you provide me with references?
- Would you say your work has a defining style? (This is important in case the architect's personal style will interfere with your vision.)
- Will you help with hiring a general contractor and subcontractors?
- What do you estimate the cost will be?
- What will I need to provide?
Are there any complications you foresee with this project?